Student Code of Conduct
Joseph Le Conte Middle School
Student Code of Conduct
In order to gain the greatest benefits from the educational program offered at Le Conte, each student should be guided by: “We are Kind, Safe, Responsible and Respectful.”
- Showing empathy and compassion
- Appreciating our differences
- Encourage others positively…in class, on stage, in assemblies.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Always walk (to the right): hallways, quad, lunch and common areas.
- Students must carry a teacher hall pass to be out of class during instructional time.
- Skateboard /scooter must be carried, may not be ridden or stood upon anywhere on campus.
- Bikes are to be walked on campus and stored in the bike cage.
- Be aware of your surroundings and how your actions may cause safety hazards, especially in high traffic areas (i.e. top of stairs, building entrances, exits, etc.)
- When playing in the PE area during nutrition and lunch, be aware of your surroundings. Students playing basketball on the courts, soccer on the grass field have priority.
- Restrooms are to be used before school, nutrition, lunch, locker room time during PE or after-school.
- Possession of weapons, alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances on campus is illegal.
- Random metal detector searches will be conducted on a daily basis.
- Attend school every day, unless there is a valid justification for the absence and arrive by 7:38 am.
- Wear your Le Conte dress code.
- Bring necessary supplies, PE clothes, and be prepared to learn.
- To participate in activities on or off campus (sports, competitions, performances, etc.) you must be eligible.
- Write on paper. NOT on books, desks, floors, walls, stairwells, or fences. NO TAGGING!
- Carry your school ID. Be prepared to show ID if asked by staff member.
- All food should be eaten in the lunch area. No eating or drinking in the hallways or PE area.
- Personal Items of value (games, electronic devices, etc.) should not be brought to school. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items (including from lockers).
- No items are to be sold on campus among students (unless it is for school-wide fundraisers).
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used during school hours. Office telephone is available in case of an emergency.
- Use appropriate language (calling other people names or cursing…is NOT appropriate).
- Give others the benefit of the doubt. Assume goodwill.
- Settle differences with some conflict resolution. “Le Conte Eagles fly, not fight.”
- Treat the Earth and our campus as a precious resource. Keep your school clean.