Student Code of Conduct
In order to gain the greatest benefits from the educational program offered at Le Conte, each student should be guided by: “We are Kind, Safe, Responsible and Respectful.”
- Showing empathy and compassion
- Appreciating our differences
- Encourage others positively…in class, on stage, in assemblies.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Always walk (to the right): hallways, quad, lunch and common areas.
- Students must carry a hall pass to be out of class during instructional time.
- Skateboard /scooter must be stored away, may not be ridden or stood upon anywhere on campus.
- Bikes are to be walked on campus and stored in the bike cage/rack.
- Be aware of your surroundings and how your actions may cause safety hazards, especially in high traffic areas (i.e. top of stairs, building entrances, exits, etc.)
- When playing in the PE area during nutrition and lunch, be aware of your surroundings. Students playing basketball on the courts, soccer on the grass field have priority.
- Restrooms are to be used before school, nutrition, lunch, locker room time during PE or after-school.
- Possession of weapons, alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances on campus is illegal.
- Random metal detector searches may be conducted.
- Attend school every day, arrive by 8:05 am.
- Wear your Le Conte dress code.
- Bring necessary supplies, PE clothes, and be prepared to learn.
- To participate in activities on or off campus (sports, competitions, performances, etc.) you must be eligible.
- Write on paper. NOT on books, desks, floors, walls, stairwells, or fences. NO TAGGING!
- Carry your school ID. Be prepared to show ID if asked by a staff member.
- All food should be eaten in the lunch area. No eating or drinking in the hallways or PE area.
- Personal Items of value (games, electronic devices, etc.) should not be brought to school. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items (including from lockers).
- No items are to be sold on campus among students (unless it is for school-wide fundraisers).
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used during school hours. Office telephone is available for students in case of an emergency.
- Use appropriate language (calling other people names or cursing…is NOT appropriate).
- Give others the benefit of the doubt. Assume goodwill.
- Settle differences with some conflict resolution. “Le Conte Eagles fly, not fight.”
- Treat the Earth and our campus as a precious resource. Keep your school clean.